Here are some first steps you must take as a follower of Jesus:
- Trust in Christ alone. Christianity doesn’t start with fixing yourself, it starts by realizing that our good deeds will never be good enough.
- Repent of your sins. Turn away from your sins and towards God. Start submitting to God as your king, rather than yourself or anyone else.
- Join a Christ-following church near you. Find a church near you that preaches the Bible and will help you follow Jesus. Good books and videos are great, but they will never replace the church. You can gather with us each Sunday at 10:30 a.m. And you can learn more about joining Pillar Church at our next membership class.
- Get baptized. Jesus gave water baptism as a special sign to mark our conversion and the salvation that he purchased for us. This happens in a local church.
- Make disciples. Jesus calls all of his disciples to be “fishers of men;” to share our story with others, to tell our friends, family, co-workers, and neighbors about how they can be saved from sin. You can start making disciples today.